Do Colleges and Universities provide Accommodations to support a student’s studies?

  • Yes.  Colleges and Universities provide accommodations to students through their Accessibility Programs, if they are eligible.

How do I know if I am eligible for Accommodations?

  • Students are eligible for Accommodation supports if they have been diagnosed with a Specific Learning Disorder (i.e., Learning Disability by a qualified Psychologist within three years of their post-secondary admission.
  • An IEP and/or an IPRC do not qualify a student as eligible for accommodations. See the LDAO Newsletter for more specific details.
  • Students who require an updated Psychoeducational Assessment should ask their Accessibility Consultant if they are eligible for funding through the Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) program and/or through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).

For more specific details on how to arrange a Psychoeducational Assessment, please see our infographic below: